Become part of a caring, supportive and trusted network of Support Workers, providing emotional, physical, spiritual and psychological care to adults with learning disabilities. You will have an NVQ in Social Care at Level 2, in addition to coming to this role with the right attitude, behaviour and values to really make a difference in people’s lives.
This is a full time role (35 hours per week) based in Golders Green.
General day to day responsibilities are:
- Improving the emotional, physical, spiritual, cultural and psychological wellbeing of adults attending the establishment.
- Exploring and understanding people’s strengths, passions and interests, using this knowledge to help determine a responsible support for individual’s needs.
- Building confidence and self-esteem, creating opportunities to enable relationships in the local community.
- Organising a wide range of activities including exercise, cooking, arts & crafts, drama, music, gardening, shopping trips and other special occasions.
- Completing paperwork where necessary.
- Assisting and supporting individuals with medical/health needs, including maintaining a high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Committing to showing dignity and respect at all times.
- Using own initiative and creativity to engage those supported.
- Complying with policies and procedures as set by the organisation and regulatory bodies including the Care Quality Commission & the local boroughs.
What’s important here is a willingness to learn and develop new skills whilst remaining positive and encouraging. You have the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives, supporting each unique person so they can progress, achieve independence and enjoy life in the communities that we live in. Moreover, you’ll have the most supportive team around you to help you do just that.
If you’d like to make a difference, please apply for this role today.
Due to the nature of this role, the selected candidate will be subject to a DBS check carried out by the employer.